Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Downloader.ITW carries out the following actions:
- It downloads the Trojan Downloader.IUH to the affected computer from the following website:
- It opens the following websites without the user's consent:
http://hiltonpa hilton uncensored0.html
http://hiltonpavideoparis and nicky hilton0.html
- It connects to the following websites:
- http://hiltonpaorden3.txt, in order to check if it is active or not.
- http://hiltonpaupdate.txt, which indicates the website from where Trj/Downloader.IUH is downloaded.
- http://hiltonpadownload.txt, which redirects to the website http://hiltonpalingerine0.html
Downloader.ITW creates the file VWMANAGER.EXE in the Windows system directory. This file is a copy of the Trojan.
Downloader.ITW creates the following entry in the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Run
vwmanager = %sysdir%\vwmanager.exe
where %sysdir% is the Windows system directory.
By creating this entry, Downloader.ITW ensures that it is run whenever Windows is started.
Means of transmission
Downloader.ITW does not spread automatically using its own means. It needs an attacking user's intervention in order to reach the affected computer. The means of transmission used include, among others, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, email messages with attached files, Internet downloads, FTP, IRC channels, peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing networks, etc.
Downloader.ITW is written in the Assembler language compiled with Masm32. This Trojan is 13,824 bytes in size when compressed with PECompact.