Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Type:||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
It logs the keystrokes typed by the user, captures screenshots periodically, allows the computer to be blocked, disables several system functions, and registers the executed programs and accessed files.
|First detected on:||July 14, 2005|
|Detection updated on:||May 24, 2007|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
SpyPc is a hacking tool. Though these programs are legitimate and useful tools when they are appropriately used, a hacker could take advantage of them in order to carry out malicious actions.
SpyPc allows the computer to be controlled:
- It logs the keystrokes typed by the user.
- It captures screenshots periodically.
- It allows the computer to be blocked.
- It disables several system functions.
- It registers the programs that have been run and the files that have been accessed.
SpyPc does not pose a risk by itself, but it can be used with malicious intentions. >
SpyPc is difficult to recognize, as it does not display any messages or warnings that indicates it has reached the computer.