WinSpy.A is a Hacking Tool. Though these programs are legitimate and useful tools when they are appropriately used, a hacker could take advantage of them in order to carry out malicious actions.
WinSpy.A is a program that allows remote monitoring, both local and remote, of the affected computer. WinSpy.A captures all events and actions carried out, without the user noticing. It provides the following functionalities, among others:
- It captures screenshots, and then saves them.
- It acts as a keylogger, logging the keystrokes entered by the user.
- It allows to create separate log files for each user of the computer.
- It allows to save the logged information to the affected computer or to another computer belonging to the same network, if it was the case.
- It sends the logged information via e-mail.
- It sends alerts if the affected user types any keyword defined by the attacking user.
- It sends an alert when the affected user connects to the Internet.
- It reports Internet activity: connection time, websites accessed, amount of time spent on each website, etc.
- If the affected computer has a webcam, WinSpy.A allows to switch it on, in order to watch the surroundings.
- It operates in stealth mode, as it does not appear neither in the Taskbar, nor in the Task manager or the Control Panel, etc.
- It avoids being detected by anti-spyware programs, deleting them or preventing them from being installed.
- It allows to hide directories created by the attacking user.
- It clears tracks that may indicate its presence on the affected computer.
- It allows to be remotely installed, by means of a file that is sent via e-mail, and then run by the affected user unsuspiciously.
- It the computer gets stolen or lost, it sends information in order to locate it.
WinSpy.A does not pose a risk by itself, but it can be used with malicious intentions.