Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Type:||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
It is a legal tool that logs keystrokes, captures passwords and registers the accessed web pages.>>
|First detected on:||Jan. 13, 2004|
|Detection updated on:||Feb. 6, 2004|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
KeyGhost.A is a Hacking Tool. Though these programs are legal and useful tools when they are appropriately used, a hacker could take advantage of them in order to carry out malicious actions.
KeyGhost.A is a keylogger that has the following functionalities:
- Log keystrokes in an encrypted file.
- Send the logged file via e-mail stealthily.
- Log the web pages that are accessed by the affected user.
- Register the title of the active applications and the amount of time they have been running.
- Capture passwords and texts hidden by asterisks.
KeyGhost.A is not a risk by itself, but it can be used to collect confidential data.>>
KeyGhost.A is difficult to recognize, as it does not show any messages or warnings that indicate it has reached the computer.