Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Effects: ||It reverses the mouse button functions, it displays images on screen, it captures keystrokes in the affected computer and obtains confidential information, etc.
|Detection updated on:||Sept. 9, 2002|
Netbus.Drp is a backdoor type Trojan that allows hackers remote access to other computers in order to carry out actions that can compromise the user’s confidential data and impede the task carried out on the affected computer.
The effects caused by Netbus.Drp are the following: it reverses the mouse button functions, it displays images on screen, it captures keystrokes in the affected computer and obtains confidential information, etc.
It is easy to be infected by Netbus.Drp, as it uses several means of transmission: e-mail messages with infected documents, computer networks, CD-ROMs, Internet downloads, FTP, floppy disks, etc.
Indications that Netbus.Drp has infected a computer a computer are the following:
- The CD-ROM tray opens and closes for no apparent reason.
- The mouse button functions are reversed. That is, the right mouse button will perform the functions corresponding to the left button and vice versa.
- Programs are run without the user’s knowledge.
- Images are displayed on screen.
- Text messages are received.
- The mouse pointer moves alone.
- The open windows are closed involuntarily.
- Strange sounds are emitted.