Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It carries out damaging actions on the affected computer.
It causes the slowdown of the system, preventing planned tasks from being carried out.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
It does not spread automatically using its own means.
|First detected on:||June 8, 2010|
|Detection updated on:||June 14, 2010|
Iframe.AB is a virus that spreads to other computers by copying its code to other files or programs.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It modifies system permissions in order to hide itself.
Iframe.AB uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- File infection: it infects different types of files, which are then distributed through any of the usual means: floppy disks, email messages with attachments, Internet download, files transferred via FTP, IRC channels, P2P file sharing networks, etc.