Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It displays pop-up messages when it runs, distracting users and affecting productivity.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||Oct. 30, 2009|
|Detection updated on:||Oct. 30, 2009|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
StartPage.DDF is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it displays pop-up windows.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It modifies system permissions in order to hide itself.
StartPage.DDF uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
StartPage.DDF is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It installs icons in the System Tray.