Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It changes system permissions.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
It uses anti-monitoring techniques in order to prevent it being detected by antivirus companies.
, via mapped drives, through shared network resources, by infecting files that are then distributedand also by being downloaded by other malware.
|First detected on:||Sept. 28, 2009|
|Detection updated on:||Sept. 29, 2009|
Lineage.LCH is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it changes system permissions, decreasing the security level.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
- It modifies system permissions in order to hide itself.
It uses several methods in order to avoid detection by antivirus companies:
- It terminates its own execution if it detects that it is being executed in a virtual machine environment, such as VMWare or VirtualPC.
Lineage.LCH uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Computer networks (mapped drives): it creates copies of itself in mapped drives.
- Computer networks (shared resources): it creates copies of itself in shared network resources to which it has access.
- File infection: it infects different types of files, which are then distributed through any of the usual means: floppy disks, email messages with attachments, Internet download, files transferred via FTP, IRC channels, P2P file sharing networks, etc.
- It is dropped or downloaded to the computer by other malware specimens, for example: Lineage.LCC, Lineage.LCG.