Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
, via email, via mapped drives, through shared network resources, through instant messaging.
|First detected on:||Aug. 18, 2009|
|Detection updated on:||Aug. 21, 2009|
P2PWorm.BV is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
P2PWorm.BV uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Email: sending emails that include a copy of itself as an attachment. The computer is infected when the attachment is run.
- Instant messaging: it sends links pointing to a copy of itself to all users included in the infected user's contacts list.
- Computer networks (mapped drives): it creates copies of itself in mapped drives.
- Computer networks (shared resources): it creates copies of itself in shared network resources to which it has access.