Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It carries out several modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the computer from working properly. It disables several options such as the Task Manager and the Folder Options, among others. It spreads making copies of itself in all the available system drives.
|First detected on:||Nov. 20, 2008|
|Detection updated on:||Nov. 27, 2008|
Nakhatar.A is a worm that carries out several modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the user from working with the computer as usual.
These modifications prevent the user from carrying out the following actions:
- Viewing the processes that are being run through the Task Manager.
- Modifying the configuration of the features of Internet Explorer and the folders.
- Accessing the Windows Registry Editor.
Nakhatar.A spreads making copies of itself in the root directory of the available system drives.
Nakhatar.A is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- When the users try to access the Windows Registry Editor, it displays the following message:
- If users try to run the Task Manager, the following message is displayed: