Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It carries out plenty of modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the computer from working properly. It disables several functions of the Start menu, such as Search, and applications such as the Task Manager. It disables functionalities such as Turn off or Log off and System Restore. It does not spread automatically by its own means.
|First detected on:||Jan. 21, 2008|
|Detection updated on:||Jan. 21, 2008|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Romeo.C is a Trojan that carries out plenty of modifications in the Windows Registry, which prevent the user from working with the computer as usual.
These modifications prevent the user from carrying out the following actions, among others:
- Doing searches in a fast and straight way, as it disables the option Search from the Start menu.
- Viewing the processes that are being run through the Task Manager.
- Modifying the configuration of the features of the folders.
- Turning off the computer and logging off, as it disables both options of the Start menu.
- Restoring system, which is used to undo changes in the system and recover previously created restore points.
Romeo.C does not spread automatically by its own means.
Romeo.C is easy to recognize once it has affected the computer, as it displays the message Su PC esta infestada por un virus de ultima generacion whenever the computer is restarted.
The translation of this message would be Your PC is infected by a latest generation virus.