Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Type:||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
It is a Potentially Unwanted Program, which can affect the users' consent, awarenes or control over the program.
It displays pop-up messages when it runs, distracting users and affecting productivity.
It does not spread automatically using its own means.
|First detected on:||Aug. 21, 2007|
|Detection updated on:||Jan. 9, 2008|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Win-touch belongs to the category of Potentially Unwanted Programs, also known as PUPs.
PUPs are programs that, due to their features or means of distribution, can affect users' consent, awareness or control over operations like:
- Modifications carried out on the computer.
- Behavior of the program.
- Processing of personal data.
The evaluation criteria of PUPs are based on the proposals suggested by the Anti-Spyware Coalition, organization of which Panda Security is a member.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it displays pop-up windows.
Win-touch uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- It is dropped or downloaded to the computer by other malware specimens, for example: Downloader.QIH.