Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It writes romantic messages when the user accesses the Notepad, it switches off the screen every 5 seconds and opens the CD-ROM tray, among other actions. It spreads via email and through the different drives of the system.
|First detected on:||April 25, 2007|
|Detection updated on:||April 26, 2007|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Ridnu.C is a worm that writes romantic messages when the user accesses the Notepad and displays the message MR COOLFACE ! if the user accesses the option Run of the Start menu.
Additionally, it switches off the screen every 5 seconds and opens the CD-ROM tray.
Ridnu.C spreads via email in a message with an attached file that has an SCR extension, and it also spreads through the different drives of the system.
Ridnu.C is easy to recognize, as when it is run, it shows the following symptoms:
- If the user accesses the Notepad, it writes romantic messages that start with the text dear my princess followed by one of the following messages, among others:
- i wanna take you to my palace
- please do not forget our past
- i miss your cute smile
- i will be waiting for you
- when the stars fill the sky
In order to understand better some of the actions carried out by Ridnu.C, an explanatory video is at your disposal.
- Additionally, it opens the window of My documents, which appears with its title modified by the message Mr_Coolface: