Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It uses anti-monitoring techniques in order to prevent it being detected by antivirus companies.
It does not spread automatically using its own means.
|First detected on:||Jan. 25, 2007|
|Detection updated on:||Jan. 25, 2007|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Multidrp.RBL is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
It uses several methods in order to avoid detection by antivirus companies:
- It terminates its own execution if it detects that it is being executed in a virtual machine environment, such as VMWare or VirtualPC.
- It prevents scanning tools from running, such as Windows Registry Editor, FileMonitor, etc.
Multidrp.RBL uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- File infection: it infects different types of files, which are then distributed through any of the usual means: floppy disks, email messages with attachments, Internet download, files transferred via FTP, IRC channels, P2P file sharing networks, etc.