Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It affects the productivity of the computer, the network to which it’s connected or other remote sites.
It carries out actions that decrease the security level of the computer.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||Nov. 20, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Nov. 20, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Alanchum.LA is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
causes system slowdowns.
- In the local network:
it generates a large amount of network activity and consumes bandwidth.
- On remote sites: it mass mails junk mail (spam).
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it changes the security settings of Internet Explorer, decreasing its security level; it notifies the attacker that the computer has been compromised and is ready to be used maliciously.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
Alanchum.LA uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.