Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It changes the security settings of Internet Explorer.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, through instant messagingand also by being downloaded by other malware.
|First detected on:||Nov. 2, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||March 4, 2007|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
VB.RR is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it changes the security settings of Internet Explorer, decreasing its security level.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It modifies system permissions in order to hide itself.
VB.RR uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Instant messaging: it sends links pointing to a copy of itself to all users included in the infected user's contacts list.
- It is dropped or downloaded to the computer by other malware specimens, for example: Multidropper.BQC.
VB.RR is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It displays false error messages when it is run.