Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It has no destructive effects. It spreads itself to as many computers as possible through shared resources, via mapped drives and email.
|First detected on:||Sept. 17, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Sept. 17, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Wapplex.C is a worm with no destructive effects.
Wapplex.C uses different means to spread:
- Though shared network resources.
- Via mapped drives.
- Via email in an message with one of the following attached files:
- a compressed executable file with ZIP format.
- a JPG image file that exploits the vulnerability WMF on the remote computers.
- a compressed JPG file that exploits the vulnerability WMF.
It is highly recommendable to download the security patch for the vulnerability WMF.
Wapplex.C is difficult to recognize, as it does not display any messages or warnings that indicate it has reached the computer.