Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It affects the productivity of the computer, the network to which it’s connected or other remote sites.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||July 31, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||July 31, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Spammer.BU is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
- In the local network:
it generates a large amount of network activity and consumes bandwidth.
- On remote sites: it mass mails junk mail (spam).
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It injects itself in running processes.
Spammer.BU uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.