Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It allows to get into the affected computer.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy.
It uses the infected computer to take malicious actions on other users.
It opens one or more ports to allow remote access to the computer.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, across the Internet.
|First detected on:||May 16, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||May 16, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Bancos.MP is a Trojan, which although seemingly inoffensive, can actually carry out attacks and intrusions.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
keystrokes, in order to obtain information for accessing online banking services, passwords and other confidential information.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it converts the computer into a platform for taking malicious action surreptitiously: spam sending, launch of Denial of Service attacks, malware distribution, etc.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it opens one or more ports to allow remote access to the computer and takes action that compromises user confidentiality.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
Bancos.MP uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Via Internet, exploiting remote vulnerabilities: attacking random IP addresses, in which it tries to insert a copy of itself by exploiting one or more vulnerabilities.
Bancos.MP is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It displays false error messages when it is run.