Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It terminates processes belonging to security tools, leaving the computer vulnerable to other malware attacks.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user.
, via email.
|First detected on:||March 22, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||March 22, 2006|
Feebs.CH is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it terminates processes belonging to security tools, such as antivirus programs and firewalls, leaving the computer defenseless against attacks from other malware.
It uses stealth techniques to avoid being detected by the user:
- It uses techniques included in its code to hide itself while it is active.
- It terminates processes corresponding to several security tools, such as antivirus programs and firewalls, to prevent detection.
Feebs.CH uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Email: sending emails that include a copy of itself as an attachment. The computer is infected when the attachment is run.
Feebs.CH is easy to recognize, as it shows the following symptoms:
- It displays false error messages when it is run.