Requirements for accessing the Administration Console
Requirements on the computer from which deployment is performed
Operating system: Windows 8.1 (PCOP 6.70.20), Windows 8 (PCOP 6.20.10), Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit), Windows XP Professional (32 and 64-bit), Windows 2000 Professional, Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Home Server, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 (PCOP 6.70.20).
Memory: 64 MB
Hard disk: 20 MB
Processor: Pentium II 300 MHz or equivalent.
Windows Installer 2.0 (yet, Windows Installer 3.0 is recommended if you want to uninstall remotely).
Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
Minimum requirements for the computers to which the protection is distributed
Processor: Pentium 300 MHz or equivalent
Hard disk: 280 MB
Browser: Internet Explorer: 5.5 or later
Others: On computers running earlier versions of Windows XP SP2 or Windows 2003 Server SP1:
Windows Installer 2.0 (yet, Windows Installer 3.0 is recommended if you want to uninstall remotely)
Disable the Windows firewall or configure the exception File and printer sharing (Start > Settings > Control panel> Network connections > Local area connections > (right button) Properties > General).
To have Use simple file sharing disabled (on Windows XP, Tools > Folder Options > View> Use simple file sharing).
Operating systems: Windows 8.1 (PCOP 6.70.20), Windows 8 (PCOP 6.20.10), Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit), Windows XP (32 and 64-bit) and Windows 2000 Professional.
RAM: For the antivirus protection: 64 MB, for the Firewall: 128 MB
Operating systems: Windows 2000 Server, Windows Home Server, Windows Server 2003 (32 and 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit)*, Windows Server 2008 R2*, Windows Server 2012 (PCOP 6.20.10) and Windows Server 2012 R2 (PCOP 6.70.20).
RAM: 256 MB
Other compatible applications:
VMWare ESX 3.x,4.x, 5,x
VMWare Workstation 6.0, 6.5, 7.x, 8.x and 9.x
Virtual PC 6.x
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 and 2012 3.0
Citrix XenDesktop 5.x, XenClient 4.x, XenServer and XenApp 5.x and 6.x
Note: To deploy the protection from the distribution tool to machines with Windows server 2008 R2, you must enable the option Enable remote management of the server from another computer. This option is disabled by default, and is required to be enabled and allowed by the firewall. To enable this option, follow the instructions specified in the following Microsoft article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976839
Minimum requirements for the computers to which the Exchange Servers protection is distributed (only in PCOP Advanced)
- Hardware requirements: The hardware requirements to install the Exchange Server protection are determined according to the Exchange Server specifications:
- Versions protected by the Exchange Servers protection in PCOP Advanced:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Standard (SP0 / SP1 / SP2)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise (SP0 / SP1 / SP2)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 included in Windows SBS 2003
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard (SP0 / SP1 / SP2 / SP3)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Enterprise (SP0 / SP1 / SP2 / SP3)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 included in Windows SBS 2008
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard (SP0 / SP1 / SP2)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise (SP0 / SP1 / SP2)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 included in Windows SBS 2011
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise
- Roles in which the Exchange Servers protection is installed (Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010):
- Hub Transport
- Edge Transport
- Roles in which Exchange Server protection is installed in Exchange 2013
- Operating systems supported:
- Exchange 2003: Windows Server 2003 32-bit Edition SP1+ and Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit Edition
- Exchange 2007: Windows Server 2003 64-bit Edition SP1+, Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit Edition, Windows 2008 64-bit Edition and Windows 2008 R2
- Exchange 2010: Windows 2008 64-bit Edition and Windows 2008 R2
- Exchange 2013: Windows 2012
* Installation of the firewall is not supported on Windows Server 2008 with NLB in PCOP 5.x versions. For more information, refer to the following article about how to avoid loss of communication on a Windows Server 2008 cluster with Network Load Balancing (NLB) and install the protection.
Note: Bear in mind that if you want your computers to communicate with the Collective Intelligence servers you must have an Internet connection. If you connect to the Internet via a proxy, it must be configured correctly. To do this, enter the necessary details in the Internet connection via a proxy section in the - Advanced options profile edit window. Go to the general settings of Panda Cloud Office Protection article for more details.
Which URLs are necessary for Panda Cloud Office Protection to work correctly?
What are the installation requirements of Panda Cloud Office Protection on Linux systems?
System requirements of Panda Cloud Office Protection for OS X systemsWhat remote control tools can I use to access my computers from the Panda Cloud Office Protection console?