- New version includes URL filtering and anti-exploit technologies, capable of detecting malware that exploits 0-day vulnerabilities
- The beta is compatible with Microsoft’s new messaging platform Exchange Server 2013
- Contest offers $100 Amazon.com gift certificates to beta testers with best improvement suggestions
Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, today announced the beta release of version 6.50 of Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, the first cloud-based endpoint security solution with protection for Exchange Server.
Main new features of Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced 6.50 beta:
- URL filtering: Improved proactive detection for even better protection. The solution’s technology and reporting capabilities allow deeper visibility into end-user Internet activity and productivity. In addition, it enables administrators to create URL blacklists and whitelists, and blocks access to URLs belonging to prohibited categories, such as sports, sex, gaming, etc.
- Anti-exploit technology: Detects and neutralizes malware that exploits 0-day vulnerabilities to infect the PC. This technology leverages Panda’s Collective Technology to block Blackhole and Redkit exploit malware by analyzing its behavior. This way, the solution is capable of detecting new malware variants even before they have been identified.
- Compatible with Exchange Server 2013: The beta release is compatible with the new messaging platform Exchange Server 2013, as well as with Microsoft’s new operating system Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) and Windows 2012 Server.
Along with the release of the beta, Panda also announced the launch of a competition to reward its beta testers. The ten users suggesting the most helpful improvements to Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced will each receive a $100 Amazon.com gift certificate. The beta can be downloaded for free at: https://www.pandasecurity.com/promotions/betatest/pcop.
Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, which launched last June, features Exchange Server protection that scans all inbound and outbound email regardless of the protocol used. Additionally, the software has an intelligent mailbox scanner that optimizes server resource usage, and incorporates anti-spam protection and Device Control technologies designed to prevent the spread of malware through the improper use of external devices. The service also includes Malware Freezer, a module that ‘freezes’ detected malware for seven days by placing it in quarantine. This tool ensures system stability, restoring false positive files.
For more information about Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, please visit: https://www.pandasecurity.com/enterprise/solutions/cloud-office-protection-advanced/