Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It avoids being detected by the user by using the following techniques:
- Techniques included in its code to hide its files and processes while it is active.
- It deletes the original file from which it was run once it is installed on the computer.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- It displays pop-up windows.
Means of transmission
NaviPromo does not spread automatically using its own means. It needs the attacking user's intervention in order to reach the affected computer. The means of transmission used include, among others, floppy disks, CD-ROMs, email messages with attached files, Internet downloads, FTP, IRC channels, peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing networks, etc.
NaviPromo has the following additional characteristics:
- It is written in the programming language Visual C++ 6.
- It is 256000 bytes in size.
- It is compressed with Yoda,YodaProtect,PECompact,PE-Apatch.