Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
QHost.IP allows hackers to get into and carry out dangerous actions in affected computers, such as capturing screenshots, stealing personal data, etc.
- It prevents access from programs to websites of several companies related with security tools (antivirus programs, firewalls, etc.).
It reduces the security level of the computer:
- It changes the security settings of Internet Explorer, decreasing its security level.
Means of transmission
Propagation through the exploits of remote vulnerabilities:
QHost.IP carries out the following process:
- It spreads by attacking IP addresses obtained at random or from the network to which the infected computer belongs.
- It tries to access the IP addresses under attack by exploiting an existing vulnerability or through an open port.
- If it does this, it downloads a copy of itself onto the vulnerable computer.
QHost.IP has the following additional characteristics:
- It is 10752 bytes in size.