This articles describes how to configure an IPsec VPN server by default.
Steps to follow
- Access the administration console.
- From the main menu, select VPN > IPsec and check the box to enable the IPSEC server.
- Define the Roadwarriors virtual IP (inner IP) pool
- Click Save to continue.
- Under VPN > IPSec, Connections box, click the Add new connection link to create a new connection.
- In this panel, you can configure how the client connects to the IPsec server:
- Choose a name for the connection.
- Select the type of connection: XAuth Host-to-Net (roadwarrior using XAuth).
- Choose the authentication type: Password (PSK).
- Provide a strong password.
- Define the Local Subnet.
- Check the option Roadwarrrior virtual IP (inner IP).
- Select the external interface that the Panda GateDefender eSeries will use for listening to incoming connections.
- To enable the account, tick also the Enabled checkbox, otherwise the account cannot be used for connecting.
- Finally, click Add to store the settings.
The new connection will appear as Closed until a client connects, in which case the connection' Status will become Connected.