- Fixed LDAP problems affecting in particular boxes with high traffic and high number of LDAP request. Increased the associated memory space for LDAP daemon (HF 4.00.50.0102).
- Fixed IMAP cores generating instabilities in the parser and analysis modules (HF 4.00.50.0103).
- Updated antimalware engine libraries to fix problem detected in particular scenarios when updating the signature file (HF 4.00.50.0104).
- Fixed problems with content filter that was blocking searches in some pages such as yahoo.com, detecting them as multiple extensions. Those URLs included “;” characters (HF 4.00.50.0105).
- Improving quarantine searches to ensure they are not case sensitive (HF 4.00.50.0106).
- Modified a config tool to export/import configurations from the command line using the gdsupport account – only available to Panda technicians (HF 4.00.50.0107).
- Following CommTouch suggestions, the category “General” is removed. Some other internal parameters are as well tuned. (HF 4.00.50.0108).
- Fixed network cuts generated by a bug referred to the SACK option in the kernel. (HF 4.00.50.0109).
- Aligned with HF104, updated kernel parameters to ensure that there are no problems when updating the signature files (HF 4.00.50.0110).
- Fixed problem affecting the IM/P2P/VoIP module when working with HTTPs connections (HF 4.00.50.0111).
- Fixed loop in the antimalware engine creating instabilities in the appliance (HF 4.00.50.0113).
- Fixed white listing issue when http traffic is not using 80 port (HF 4.00.50.0115).
Panda Security has published, in the Downloads area of its website, a HotFix Pack that includes all the improvements implemented in the latest hotfixes for Panda GateDefender.
Read the improvements included in GateDefender Performa HotFix Packs document to know about all the improvements included in the latest hotfixes.
Steps to download and install HotFix Pack 200
Before installing the HotFix Pack, make sure you have version 4.00.50 of Panda GateDefender installed. To check this, access the administration console and go to Status, System Status and click View version details. The version number appears in System Software, System software version.
Enter your user credentials, provided to you by Panda when you bought your security solution. Find out, if necessary, how to get your User name and password.
Once you have entered your user details, expand the Software folder. In the HotFix Packs subfolder you will find hotfix-installer_4.00.50.0200.zip.
Unzip the file to obtaine hotfix-installer_4.00.50.0200.tgz.
Go to the Panda GateDefender Performa administration console.
Select Update in the left panel.
Access the Installation of hotfixes section and click here.
In the Hotfixes installed option you can check the hotfixes installed on the device. To install new hotfixes, in this case, Hotfix Pack 200, select Install new hotfix.
Click the Browse button and select the location where you have previously downloaded and saved hottfix-installer_4.00.50.0200.tgz.
Select Install new hotfix.
Finally, click Install now for the hotfix installation process to begin.
When installation is complete, check in the administration console that Panda GateDefender Performa has upgraded to version 4.00.50.0200.
Please bear in mind that the application of any HFPack can take up to 10 minutes to get the GateDefender functionalities fully restored. We recommend you schedule carefully the application of the HFPack to minimize the impact in your network.