- Reports were incorrectly exported due to a data limitation problem in models SB and 8100. The maximum number of records in reports has been reduced to 100,000 for the SB and 8100 models (HF 4.00.00.0207).
- Update hotfixes were getting too large to import. The maximum file size limit has been increased from 50 MB to 80 MB. (HF 4.00.50.0001).
- NTP, SSL and XSS vulnerability correction.
- NTP: We have updated the ntp and ntpdate packages to versions 4.2.4p4+dfsg-8lenny3. These versions include the patch for DoS bug 1331.
- XSS: Added a filter to the console servlets parameters to prevent XSS attacks.
- SSL: We have upgraded the console certificate to v3. The key size is 1024 bits; MD5 is no longer used.
- The Web console can no longer be accessed through the network IP address.
- Deleted certain svn files from the console.
- After a signature update, during Content Filter scans, anti-malware process cores were generated. We have corrected several kernel libraries and the signature file to fix this error. (HF 4.00.50.0004).
- Console error when selecting more than one profile in “Assign settings to local profiles”. This was due to the fact that when importing the settings of a previous version the config.status files were not created (HF 4.00.50.0005).
- Problems with the NLB cluster (virtual MAC addresses did not work correctly). Fixed the kernel patch that allows static MAC addresses to be entered in the fdb table. This way, you can work with virtual MAC addresses as in the 3.02.00 version. Fixed the program that allowed static MAC addresses to be entered. (HF 4.00.50.0006).
- Incorrect HTTP connection limits. (HF 4.00.50.0007).
- LDAP manager memory leak. (HF-4.00.50.0008).
- Memory problems launching internal processes. (HF-4.00.50.0009 / HF 4.00.50.0011).
- Fixed problems with the quarantine filter when there was more than one recipient. (HF 4.00.50.0010).
Bug fixes included in the HF Pack but not present in previous hotfixes:
The virtual appliance did not restart when the application manager stopped working. To fix this, the virtual appliance comes with softdog.
The installed hotfixes did not display all characters correctly. We’ve made the relevant changes to the Web administration console.
The URL field in reports didn’t show session variables. To avoid this, there is no filtering out of URL search parameters.
There were errors in users' submissions of categorization suggestions to Commtouch. A new header has been added to the substitute page to avoid filtering out POSTs sent to Commtouch.
Fixed a bug in the anti-malware cache for responses whose filename was different from that of the request (problem detected with the eicar test page). To fix this, the system no longer parses the response filename (it keeps the one in the request).
Empty rejection codes received at the proxy server. To prevent this, we have included default values in the response code for HTTP and SMTP blocking.
The passwords used when configuring LDAP sources could not contain more than 12 characters. We have increased this limit to 30 characters.
Panda Security has published, in the Downloads area of its website, a HotFix Pack that includes all the improvements implemented in the latest hotfixes for Panda GateDefender.
Read the improvements included in GateDefender Performa HotFix Packs document to know about all the improvements included in the latest hotfixes.
Steps to download and install HotFix Pack 100
Before installing the HotFix Pack, make sure you have version 4.00.50 of Panda GateDefender installed. To check this, access the administration console and go to Status, System Status and click View version details. The version number appears in System Software, System software version.
Enter your user credentials, provided to you by Panda when you bought your security solution. Find out, if necessary, how to get your User name and password.
Once you have entered your user details, expand the Software folder. In the HotFix Packs subfolder you will find hotfix-installer_4.00.50.0100.zip.
Unzip the file to obtaine hotfix-installer_4.00.50.0100.tgz.
Go to the Panda GateDefender Performa administration console.
Select Update in the left panel.
Access the Installation of hotfixes section and click here.
In the Hotfixes installed option you can check the hotfixes installed on the device. To install new hotfixes, in this case, Hotfix Pack 100, select Install new hotfix.
Click the Browse button and select the location where you have previously downloaded and saved hottfix-installer_4.00.50.0100.tgz.
Select Install new hotfix.
Finally, click Install now for the hotfix installation process to begin.
When installation is complete, check in the administration console that Panda GateDefender Performa has upgraded to version 4.00.50.0100.
Please bear in mind that the application of any HFPack can take up to 10 minutes to get the GateDefender functionalities fully restored. We recommend you schedule carefully the application of the HFPack to minimize the impact in your network.