As a perfect complement to the explicit proxy, and the Web filtering and IM/P2P/VoIP filtering tools, Panda GateDefender Performa implements QoS technology.
This technology allows the administrator to prioritize Internet access for data flows marked as important by the company. This way, traffic can be identified by type, and minimum and maximum bandwidth use can be assigned, in addition to priorities, in order to effectively manage the use of the data flow delivered to local network users.
How to configure the Quality of Service (QoS)
- Open Panda GateDefender Performa administration console
- In the Settings menu, go to System >> General >> Quality of Service (QoS) section.
- Activate the verification checkbox Enable Quality of Service (Qos).
- In the Timetable for applying the Quality of Service section, select the time period during which you want to enable Quality of Service.
- Under Global bandwidth settings, you can configure the maximum outbound traffic for appliance interfaces (both internal and external).
- In the Bandwidth distribution section, you can distribute the bandwidth configured for the external interface NIC1.
- Reserved bandwidth: this bandwidth is used exclusively for updates, queries to Panda Security, etc.
- Distribution by source IP address and protocol: this section allows you to create rules for outbound NIC1 traffic.