The router mode in Panda GateDefender Integra is so called because unlike transparent mode, up to 8 network interfaces can be used and it can act as a router between different networks. In addition, configuring the device in router mode also offers two additional services:
- Firewall protection.
- VPN protection (both server and client)
This mode is suitable for SMBs that want to have all functionalities in a single device. However, the network administrator will have to configure the routing table.
You can configure Panda GateDefender Integra either manually or using the setup wizard.
If you want to configure router mode using the setup wizard, click here.
Instructions for configuring Panda GateDefender Integra manually
- Go to the Web administration console.
- Select System settings from the main menu.
- Select Mode of functioning.
- Enable Router mode.
- In the section at the bottom of the screen you will find a section in which available interfaces can be configured (4 for Panda GateDefender Integra 100 and 8 for Panda GateDefender Integra 300)
Up to 8 different network interfaces can be configured associating them to different types/zones on the network (LAN, WAN, DMZ).
Generally, the eth0 and eth1 interfaces are associated to WAN and LAN respectively, leaving the rest to be used in DMZ or other internal networks.
- Click on the Settings link corresponding to the interface you want.
The elements that can be configured are the following:
- Activate the network interface, checking the Enabled checkbox.
- Assign a name
- Select types of IP addresses:
- Type of connection:
- Half duplex
- Full duplex
- 10 Mbps
- 100 Mbps
- 1 Gbps.
- Zone to which it belongs.
- Click on OK to apply/save the changes.
Once you have followed these steps Panda GateDefender Integra router mode will be configured correctly.