Phishing is a growing threat in the Internet that involves supplanting the identity of organizations and companies in order to trick users into revealing confidential data such as bank account numbers or personal details.
Panda GateDefender Performa incorporates specific protection to safeguard your computers against phishing.
Steps for configuring the anti-phishing protection
- Go to the web administration console.
- Click Protection Settings in the protection menu and select Anti-malware protection.
- Click Anti-phishing protection to view the configuration options
- Check that the Enable anti-phishing protection checkbox is selected.
You can also define the internal domains in your company to classify mail as inbound or outbound. To do this, click Internal domains.
- Depending on what you want to scan, select Scan inbound mail, Scan outbound mail or both.
- Select the action that Panda GateDefender Performa must take in case of detection:
- Delete: The suspicious file will be eliminated.
- For SMTP: Panda GateDefender Performa will completely delete the message.
- For the rest of the mail and news protocols: A message can be inserted in the subject and body of the original message.
Enable the checkboxes for each option and enter the text that you want to insert in either the subject or message body.
- Flag message subject and body: The message will be flagged and a text will be added to the subject and/or body of the message.
Enable the corresponding checkboxes for each option and enter the text you want to insert in either the subject or message body.
- Redirect the message: The suspicious message will be redirected to the email address entered in the textbox corresponding to this option.
Enter the email address to which you want to redirect the message.
- Click on Mail server settings to specify the SMTP server that will be used to redirect mail.
- Enable the corresponding checkboxes for each option and enter the text you want to insert in either the subject or message body
- Let it through, just generate report: Lets the file through and generates a detection report.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Read more information about Phishing.