Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It is a malicious tool which allows to create Trojans designed to log the keystrokes typed by the user. Then, the information it obtains is sent via email to the indicated email address.
|First detected on:||Sept. 22, 2009|
|Detection updated on:||Sept. 23, 2009|
KeyLogger.FT is a virus constructor type malware. To be more precise, KeyLogger.FT allows to create keylogger type Trojans, that is, designed to log the keystrokes typed by the user.
This application allows to configure the following options, among others:
- Email address to which the obtained information is sent.
- SMTP server to send the data.
- Activation and lifetime of the Trojan.
- Disable the Task manager.
- Possibility to add the Trojan to other executable.
KeyLogger.FT does not spread automatically using its own means. It needs an attacking user's intervention in order to reach the affected computer.
KeyLogger.FT is easy to recognize, as it displays the following symptoms:
- The program to create Trojans has the following icon:
- When the file is run, the following message is displayed:
- Then, the program is opened, which has the following interface: