Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by Bugbear.B?
In order to make absolutely sure that Bugbear.B has not infected your computer, you have the following options:
- Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn't and you are a registered Panda Software client, update it by clicking here.
- Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Software's free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove Bugbear.B?
If Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects Bugbear.B during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program's instructions.
As an extra precaution run our free utility Panda QuickRemover, which will automatically repair any damage that Bugbear.B may have caused in your computer. In order to do this, follow these instructions:
If you are a Panda Software client:
If you have a stand-alone computer or a small computer network, click here.
If you have a large computer network protected with the antiviruses deployed through Panda Administrator, click here.
If you are not a Panda Software client:
- If you have Netscape Navigator installed and experience problems downloading Panda QuickRemover, follow these instructions: 1 Right-click on the icon. 2 Select the option Save link as.... 3 Select the folder in which to save it.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from Bugbear.B?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- As a temporary measure, it is advisable to disable the Preview Pane through the View menu. Do not display the message that contains the virus using this tool.
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses, click here.