Is my computer infected by Navidad.A?
Check if strange warnings and an error message have been displayed when starting the computer.
For more information, consult the section Visible symptoms
In order to make absolutely sure that Navidad has not infected your computer, you have the following options:
- Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn’t and you are a registered Panda Software client, update it by clicking here.
- Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan, Panda Software’s free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove Navidad.A?
Above all, if you have received a reply to a message with an attachment called NAVIDAD.EXE or with any of the characteristics described in the section Means of transmission, do not run the attached file and delete the message, making sure that you delete also it from the Deleted Items folder.
Then, if your antivirus detects Navidad during the scan, it will automatically offer you the option of deleting it. Do this by following the program’s instructions.
As an extra precaution run our free utility Panda QuickRemover, which will automatically repair any damage that Navidad may have caused in your computer. In order to do this, follow these instructions:
- Download the free utility Panda QuickRemover by clicking on the icon below:
- If you have Netscape Navigator installed and experience problems downloading Panda QuickRemover, follow these instructions: 1 Right-click on the icon. 2 Select the option Save link as.... 3 Select the folder in which to save it.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from Navidad.A?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
- If you have filtering tools installed, configure them to reject messages with the characteristics described in the section Means of transmission. If, in spite of doing this, you receive the message that contains the virus: do not open it, do not run the attached file and delete it, making sure that you also delete it from the Deleted Items folder.
- Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
- Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
- Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses, click here.