Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
Is my computer infected by AntiCMOS.Boot?
Check if you have booted your computer from a floppy disk that you have borrowed or been given and if the computer has problems starting up.
In order to make absolutely sure that AntiCMOS.Boot has not infected your computer, you have the following options:
Carry out a full scan of your computer using Panda Antivirus, after checking that it is updated. If it isn’t and you are a registered Panda Software client, update it by clicking here.
Check the computer with Panda ActiveScan
, Panda Software’s free, online scanner, which will quickly detect any possible viruses.
How to remove AntiCMOS.Boot?
If your Panda Antivirus or Panda ActiveScan detects AntiCMOS.Boot during the scan, follow the instructions below in order to eliminate it:
- Insert a clean boot disk in the disk drive with the computer switched off. It is advisable to use a floppy disk created with your antivirus.
- Start up the computer and wait until the system prompt A:\> appears on screen.
Scan the hard disk and all your floppy disks with your antivirus. If you have Panda Antivirus installed, write the following command:
- Press Enter.
- When AntiCMOS.Boot is detected, choose the option to disinfect it.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows Millenium, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
- After deleting this malware by following the specified steps, if your computer runs Windows XP, click here to find out how to eliminate it from the _Restore folder.
How can I protect my computer from AntiCMOS.Boot?
In order to keep your computer protected, bear the following tips in mind:
Scan all the floppy disks you use.
Write-protect the floppy disks you use by sliding the tab at the back upwards.
Install a good antivirus in your computer. Click here
to get the Panda antivirus solution that best suits your needs.
Keep your antivirus updated. If automatic updates are available, configure your antivirus to use them.
Keep your permanent antivirus protection enabled at all times.
For more detailed information about how to protect your computer against viruses, click here.