A rapid and efficient response to incidents is a key part of any good cybersecurity strategy. As cyberattacks evolve at pace, IT departments start to question traditional methods of dealing with new criminal gangs and threats, and understand that there is no single or simple way to counter them, given the complexity of the digital environment. Today, an effective and mature cybersecurity plan for businesses requires strategies based on a mix of factors: automation, detection, behavioral analysis, blocking lateral movement, traceability, intelligent classification, investigation, response, correlation, and visibility for better defense against the rise of increasingly sophisticated cyberthreats. How can you achieve a global security structure for your company?
Aim: True Protection
The cybersecurity battle has undergone a profound transformation over the past 20 years. Adversaries have evolved from a handful of amateur hackers to well-funded and organized cybercriminal groups looking to monetize their activity and putting hitherto impenetrable networks to the test.
For a cybersecurity program to succeed, investment has to be made in operational speed. It is essential to have the capacity to get thousands of computers up and running in just a few hours. And this is something that can be achieved through the speed, capacity, flexibility, and scalability of AI and cloud processing.
In order to secure and protect an IT infrastructure, a cyberdefense strategy must also be able to prevent and detect advanced threats, have intelligent security technologies, and adhere to a zero-trust policy that prevents malicious applications and processes from running on systems.
For a real protection experience which integrates the widest range of advanced cybersecurity technologies, there is Panda Adaptive Defense 360, which incorporates all the technologies and capabilities needed to effectively protect your business, including endpoint prevention, detection, containment, and response.
The five keys
Starting from the premise that no organization can be absolutely secure, there are nevertheless many mitigation strategies which significantly reduce risks and additional security measures to minimize the impact of a potential cyberattack.
- Preparation and prevention. It is essential to be prepared in advance and have a solid response plan which helps prevent security breaches. Adaptive Defense 360 provides the technologies and capabilities necessary to prevent and detect advanced threats, zero-day malware, ransomware, phishing, in-memory exploits, as well as fileless and malwareless attacks, both inside and outside the corporate network.
- Detection and analysis with intelligent security. Once a threat has been detected, the cause of the incident must be determined in order to contain the attack. At this point, the attack trajectory is monitored, the incident is recorded and classified, and a response is prioritized in line with the severity of the attack. Our data-driven intelligence automatically monitors all endpoint activity, detecting suspicious behavior, categorizing it, and identifying the source.
- Triage and analysis. At this stage, the options capable of providing the best response are evaluated. The kinds of analyses carried out at this point should include: binary analysis, endpoint analysis, and ideally, a threat hunting service that offers an additional layer of analysis and investigation.
- Containment, eradication, and recovery. Once the incident has been detected and the cause investigated, the damage has to be contained. Backup copies of all compromised devices, systems, or networks should be created for future forensic analysis.
- The aftermath of the incident and the zero-trust approach. Finally, the cybersecurity strategy has to be adapted accordingly to prevent the incident from reoccuring. The incident response plan also needs to be updated to reflect any new procedures. Adaptive Defense 360’s Zero-Trust Application Service monitors malicious applications and processes and prevents them from running on systems. No process can be executed unless certified as safe by Panda.
Panda Adaptive Defense 360 delivers the visibility and intelligence you need to search effectively for threats, speed up investigation times, and act immediately on endpoints thanks to the widest range of advanced Endpoint Protection (EPP) technologies with intelligent Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), along with our Zero-Trust Application service and Threat Hunting service.