The Panda 2014 products offer you the possibility to install a PC Rescue boot option that you can use to scan your computer whenever a virus prevents your computer from booting normally.
Take into consideration that, once you install this feature, the PC Rescue boot option will be displayed every time you boot your computer. In order to install this feature, please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Create the PC Rescue Boot
- Open Panda 2014 and click the Scan box from the main window.
- Select PC Rescue Boot and follow the wizard through.
- Click Start to run the wizard.
- The creation progress will be displayed.
- Once finished, a window will be shown advising the new rescue boot option has been correctly created. Click Close.
Now every time your start your computer a new boot option will be displayed.
The installed operating system option will be selected by default. Choose Panda Cloud Cleaner Repair boot option if a virus has blocked the normal computer boot and you need to scan and disinfect it.
Step 2: Scan your computer via Panda Cloud Cleaner Repair
- Restart the infected computer, select Panda Cloud Cleaner Repair boot option and press the Enter key.
- The Panda Cloud Cleaner wizard will be displayed. Press the Enter key to accept the license agreement.
- The wizard will prepare the computer so that, the next time the computer is restarted, Panda Cloud Cleaner will scan and disinfect all the viruses.
- Once the process is completed, a message saying Analysis can now start! will be displayed.
- Press any key for the computer to restart.
- Once restarted, Panda Cloud Cleaner will be displayed. Click Accept and Scan for the virus scan to begin.
The Panda 2014 products also offer the possibility to scan your computer with a USB drive.
For further details, please refer to the Support article How to create a rescue USB drive with Panda 2014.