What kind of help do you need?
(Examples:“Panda Security installation”, “I want to contact Panda”)
Since I installed Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008, I can´t access the Internet. How can I resolve this?
Information applies to:
|Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008|
|Windows 2000 Professional||Windows XP (32-bit Edition)|
|Windows Vista (32-bit Edition)||Windows XP (64-bit Edition) |
|Windows Vista (64-bit Edition) |
The firewall protection monitors all the computer’s inbound and outbound connections. This protection could require a specific configuration, especially in the case of WiFi connections and when accessing network programs or shared printers.
Follow the steps indicated below to configure the firewall protection and prevent this type of incidents.
- First of all, check that you have the latest version of the product installed. If you dont, refer to how to download and install it from the Download area of the website.
- Open the antivirus from Start, Programs, Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008, Panda Antivirus + Firewall 2008.
- Select Automatic protection settingsin Protection status.
- Click Firewall protection.
Problems when certain programs access the network:
- In the Advanced options section, select Connection permission settings.
- Click Regenerate list to restore the default settings.
NOTE: From now on, the firewall will require connection permissions when it detects a program that isn’t on the default list, accessing the network.
- If you want to add a new program to the list manually, click on Add and locate the application’s executable file.
- If you want to change the access permissions assigned to a program, disable the Automatically assign connection permissions checkbox and select the corresponding outbound (client), inbound (server) and outbound and inbound permissions.
Problems accessing network computers and shared printers
- In Advanced options, click on Advanced settings
- In Network adaptors, make sure the adapter used to access your private network is configured as Secure zone.
Problems accessing the network in WiFi connections
- In Advanced options, access Detection of WiFi intrusions.
- Click Reset warnings.
Blocking of the Windows service firewall
To allow outbound communication of the Windows services time synchronization with the Internet or remote Desktop, you have to modify the firewall settings:
- In Advanced options, select Configure service blocking.
- Select Enable as the type of action to be carried out.
Help nº- 20080328 41230 EN