Error code 0001:0005 returned when activating your Panda 2013 product.
In order to solve the problems related to the error code 0001:0005 during the activation procedure, the option UAC (User Account Control) protection must be disabled. This solution is only applicable to Microsoft Windows Vista operating systems.
Note: Disabling UAC will lead to a less secure system, so don´t forget to re-enable the UAC option as indicated in the instructions.
- Access the Control Panel.
- Type in UAC in the search box and click Enter.
- In User accounts, click the link Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off.
- On the next screen, uncheck the box Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer. Then, click OK.
IMPORTANT: reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Launch the activation wizard again in order to verify it the problem has been solved.
- Now, re-enable the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer option again. Then, click OK.
Reboot the computer.
Instructions for advanced users
This method consists on using the msconfig system tool:
- Click the Vista start up icon (Windows logo).
- Type in msconfig in the Run menu.
- Select the Tools tab.
- Scroll down till you find the Disable UAC option.
- Click that line.
- Press the Launch button.
A CMD window will open. When the command is done, close the window.
- Close msconfig.
Important!: Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
- Launch the activation wizard again in order to verify if the problem has been solved.
In order to re-enable UAC, select the Enable UAC line and then click the Launch button.
For more information, refer to the Microsoft TechNet portal on UAC security protection.