For a system to be detected and administered by Panda AdminSecure, it must have a communications agent installed.
When you open the AdminSecure Console for the first time, the AdminSecure setup wizard will be displayed. It will also appear at any other time you open the console provided that you haven’t checked Don't show this screen again when the console starts up. This process can also be launched through the console.
How to distribute AdminSecure Communications Agent by direct installation
This process can be launched from the Panda AdminSecure Console by following the steps below:
- Go to Tools-> Distribute communications agent.
- Select Distribute communications agent .
- The agent distribution wizard opens. Click Next to continue.
- Check Install communications agent in computers with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/2008/Windows7.
- In the next window, two options for distributing the agent appear:
- Distribute the agent selecting the computers by network domain or name.
- Distribute the agent selecting the computers by Active Directory.
- Distribute the agent specifying the IP address ranges or the IP address of each co.
If you select this option, click Next. Two installation methods are offered:
- A single IP address : Enter the IP address of the computer on which you want to install the agent. Then, click Add to include the selected address.
You can add as many IP address as necessary.
- An IP address range: Enter the range of IP addresses included in the network. Then, click Add to include the IP address range to the list.
Bear in mind that both single IP addresses and IP address ranges can be included in the same list.
From AdminSecure 4.50 an improvement is added to this functionality that allows importing a text file containing the list of computers (IP or name) on which you want to distribute the agent. In the same way, AdminSecure 4.50 also incorporates the option to export to a text file the list of computers on which the agent has been restored in order to save the applied changes.
- After selecting a distribution type, select the computer with Panda Administration Server installed and the repository you want to use for that computer (if it does not coincide with the computer with the administration server installed).
- Once you have entered all the details, the agent will be installed in each of the selected computers. Bear in mind that if a large number of computers are selected, the process will take a few minutes.
- When installation is complete, the wizard will display a summary of the number of agents installed and the reason why it hasn't been possible to carry out the installation, if a problem occurs in any computer.
Remember that to carry out this process, you will need an account with local administrator privileges in the computers where you want to install the communications agent. If you don't have the necessary privileges, you will be asked for the LOCAL administrator user name and password.
The computer on which AdminSecure is installed must be able to access the shared resources C$ and ADMIN$ in the computers on which you want to install the agent. You can check this by clicking the Windows Start button, selecting Run, writing \\machine_name_\ADMIN$ and clicking OK. If these resources cannot be accessed check the settings of the Microsoft network.
For computers running Windows XP Professional, shared administrative resources must be enabled. In order to do this, open Windows Explorer, select Tools - Folder options -View -Advanced settings and check Use simple sharing (recommended).
In systems with Windows XP Home Edition, it isn't possible to install the communications agent using this method, due to operating system limitations. For this operating system you will have to use an installation package.