Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
|Type:||Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Effects: ||It is a legal tool that logs keystrokes, mouse clicks and accessed web pages.|
|First detected on:||June 4, 2004|
|Detection updated on:||Aug. 8, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
PerfectKeyLog.C is a Hacking Tool. Though these programs are legal and useful tools when they are appropriately used, a hacker could take advantage of them in order to carry out malicious actions.
PerfectKeyLog.C is a keylogger that has the following functionalities:
- Log keystrokes and mouse clicks.
- Log the accessed web pages.
- Configure and detect keywords in the logged keystrokes.
- Send the logged file via e-mail or FTP.
- Run stealthily in the affected computer, without being shown in the Taskbar or the Task manager.
PerfectKeyLog.C is not a risk by itself, but several worms and Trojans use this application in order to collect confidential data: passwords, content of e-mail messages, etc.
PerfectKeyLog.C is difficult to recognize, as it does not show any messages or warnings that indicate it has reached the computer.