Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
|First detected on:||April 2, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||April 2, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
Gaobot.MST is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
Gaobot.MST prevents access from programs to websites of several companies related with security tools (antivirus programs, firewalls, etc.).
Gaobot.MST redirects attempts to access web pages of certain banks to spoofed pages, with the aim of logging information entered by the user in these pages.
Gaobot.MST redirects attempts to access several web pages to a specific IP address.
Gaobot.MST uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Email: sending emails that include a copy of itself as an attachment. The computer is infected when the attachment is run.
- IRC: It sends a copy of itself to all users connected to the channel to which the infected user is connected.
- Computer networks (mapped drives): it creates copies of itself in mapped drives.
- Computer networks (shared resources): it creates copies of itself in shared network resources to which it has access.