Welcome to the Virus Encyclopedia of Panda Security.
It spreads and affects other computers.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy.
It uses the infected computer to take malicious actions on other users.
It carries out actions that decrease the security level of the computer.
It uses anti-monitoring techniques in order to prevent it being detected by antivirus companies.
, via email, via IRC.
|First detected on:||Feb. 25, 2006|
|Detection updated on:||Feb. 27, 2006|
|Yes, using TruPrevent Technologies
IRCBot.TS is a worm that spreads by copying itself, without infecting other files.
It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy:
passwords saved by certain Windows services; keystrokes, in order to obtain information for accessing online banking services, passwords and other confidential information.
It affects productivity, preventing tasks from being carried out:
- In the affected computer:
it converts the computer into a platform for taking malicious action surreptitiously: spam sending, launch of Denial of Service attacks, malware distribution, etc.
It reduces the security level of the computer:
it opens one or more ports to allow remote access to the computer and takes action that compromises user confidentiality; it awaits remote-control orders received through
It uses several methods in order to avoid detection by antivirus companies:
- It terminates its own execution if it detects that a memory dump program is running, such as Procdump.
IRCBot.TS uses the following propagation or distribution methods:
- Exploiting vulnerabilities with the intervention of the user: exploiting vulnerabilities in file formats or applications. To exploit them successfully it needs the intervention of the user: opening files, viewing malicious web pages, reading emails, etc.
- Email: sending emails that include a copy of itself as an attachment. The computer is infected when the attachment is run.
- IRC: It sends a copy of itself to all users connected to the channel to which the infected user is connected.