This error is returned when activating the product:
In order to solve the problems related to the error code 0001:0005 during the activation procedure, the option UAC (User Account Control) protection must be disabled. This solution is only applicable to Microsoft Windows Vista operating systems.
Note: Disabling UAC will lead to a less secure system, so don´t forget to re-enable the UAC option as indicated in the instructions.
- Access the Control Panel.
- Type in UAC in the search box and click Enter.
- In User accounts, click the link Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off.
- On the next screen, uncheck the box Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer. Then, click OK.
IMPORTANT: reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Launch the activation wizard again in order to verify it the problem has been solved.
- Now, re-enable the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer option again. Then, click OK.
- Reboot the computer.
Instructions for advanced users
This method consists on using the msconfig system tool:
- Click the Vista start up icon (Windows logo).
- Type in MSCONFIG in the Run menu.
- Select the Tools tab.
- Scroll down till you find the Disable UAC option.
- Click that line (see image).
- Press the Launch button.
- A CMD window will open. When the command is done, close the window.
- Close MSCONFIG.
IMPORTANT: Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
- Launch the activation wizard again in order to verify if the problem has been solved.
- In order to re-enable UAC, select the Enable UAC line and then click the Launch button.
For more information, refer to the following documentation:
Microsoft TechNet portal for more data about UAC security protection