Error 2082 installing, updating or uninstalling the Endpoint Protection agent or protection.
This error is caused if, when installing or upgrading a product, the information about the product or the path of the file to run is not found in the updatable files table. This could be the path of a patch or the complete installer, depending on the type of file.
One example of when this could occur is if the computer is shut down while the protection is being updated, without having saved the LOCAL_CATALOG.TMP file to disk.
To resolve this problem, the upgrade process should be restarted so it starts again from the beginning. Follow these steps:
- Delete the Data folder in %Programfiles%\Panda Security\WaAgent\WalUpg
- Delete the WAUPGTD.DAT file in %Programfiles%\Panda Security\WaAgent\WalUpg
- Delete the WEB_CATALOG section of the WalUpg.ini configuration file in %Programfiles%\Panda Security\WaAgent\WalUpg and in the GENERAL section of WALUpg.ini change the following values (if they exist):
- State to 0
- REBOOT_ALLOWED to FALSE
- MUST_REBOOT to FALSE
- Restart the Panda Endpoint Administration Agent service.
- Run the Walupg process by following these steps:
- Access the %ProgramFiles%\Panda Security\WaAgent\WasLpMng folder from a DOS window
- Run the command waplpmng walupg –force -continue
Data needed to report the incident
If the issue is not solved, it is then necessary to collect a series of data from the computer. Please, read How to report problems from the Endpoint Protection console and follow the instructions indicated.