The Exchange Server protection is just another module of the EndPoint protection, so it installs together with the server protection, in one single step.
If you haven?t purchased Endpoint Protection Plus licenses, the Exchange Server protection module will be disabled.
Note: If you try to enable the Exchange Server protection on a computer without Exchange Server, the protection will report Not supported.
The only difference between installing this protection and installing any other type of protection on a server without Exchange Server installed is that you must enable the Exchange Server protection in the profile to use before downloading the installer.
Steps to install the protection
- In the PCOP Web administration console, go to the Settings tab and select Profiles from the left-side menu.
- To create a new profile, select Create new profile. To edit an existing profile, simply click it.
- Once you have selected the profile to use, select Exchange Servers from the options on the left-side menu.
- Enable the mailbox or transport protection for your Exchange Server and configure it according to your needs.
For more information, refer to the article Configuring the Exchange Server protection in Endpoint Protection Plus.
- Finally, once you have configured the protection, install it using one of the following methods:
- How can I install Endpoint Protection using the installation program?
- How can I install Endpoint Protection using the distribution tool?
Note: On clustered Exchange servers the protection must be installed on each physical node.