PCIP’s functionality is divided into three categories:
- Secure (Antivirus, Anti-spyware, Browser control and Advanced threats)
- Control (Internet access, Web 2.0 control, and Bandwidth control)
- Comply (data leakage).
PCIP uses essentially the same process throughout its interface to create policies for each of these areas of functionality.
- An Edit button at the top of each page enables editing.
- An Add New Rule button opens a page in which you provide values for a single rule—values for who, what, when, and where (that is, who the rule applies to, what action is to be taken, when is user is allowed or prohibited from doing something, and what locations the rule applies to).
- Various pick lists and Select hyper links—virtually the same for all policies—in the User Interface allow you to select rule parameters.
- A Done button returns you to the previous page in which you can create another rule.
- A Save button saves your rules as a single policy.
- An Activate Policy Changes link in the left navigation frame of the GUI commits all your saved changes and makes them immediately become active.