If you have the encrypted drive recovery key ID, but do not know which machine or USB has the recover key, you can search for the recovery key. Additionally, you can also search for the recovery key of computers that are no longer managed by Adaptive Defense 360.
To obtain a recovery key from the Full Encryption dashboard, follow these steps:
- From the top navigation bar, select Status.
- From the left pane, select Full Encryption.
- In the Encrypted Computers tile, click Recovery Key Search. The Recovery Key Search dialog box opens.
- In the Recovery Key Search dialog box, enter the ID of the recovery key you want to find in the text box.
- Press Enter. The Get Recovery Key dialog box shows the ID and corresponding recovery key.
- You can now find another key from the Get Recovery Key dialog box.
- On the Computers > Details tab, click Get Recovery Key in the Data Protection section.
- In the Get Recovery Key dialog box, click Find Another Key.
- In the Find Another Key dialog box, enter the recovery key ID you want to find the key for in.
- Press Enter. You see the recovery keys for computers you have permission to see.