All the Panda AdminSecure modules are updated automatically and don’t require user intervention. This applies both to updates of the Virus Signature Files (Updates) and changes to the application engine (Upgrades).
The protection modules are updated automatically from the repository specified at the time of distributing the communications agent.
Furthermore, updating the repository from the Internet or from another repository is also performed automatically. For more information about this process, click here.
Instructions for updating the protection modules
To make sure the automatic updates of the different protection modules are enabled, follow the steps below:
- Access the computer on which the Panda AdminSecure console is installed and open the console. Click Start-> Programs-> Panda AdminSecure-> AdminSecure console.
- Go to the Tools menu-> Updates and repositories and select the Updates tab.
- In Update computers, make sure that the Automatically update the virus signature file and Automatically update the protection options are selected.
Click Select computers..., and make sure that the group whose protection you want to update – Windows workstations or Windows Servers for example- or the group that contains the computers whose protection you want to update automatically are selected.
In any event, you can carry out an on-demand update at any time from the Panda AdminSecure console. You have the following options:
- Right-click the modules and groups whose protection you want to update and select the Update protection... option from the pop-up menu displayed.
- Select the modules and groups whose protection you want to update and click the Update button on the console toolbar.
These options launch an upgrade of the protection engine across the network, so the network load might increase significantly. To reduce the impact of the upgrade on the network it is advisable to launch it on a maximum of 50 computers.
For this type of upgrade it is also advisable to change the repository communication mode to HTTP (IIS required). This can be enabled either during the Panda AdminSecure upgrade or through the Advanced settings tab in Tools-> Updates and repositories.