Panda AdminSecure Repository Server stores the installation packages and the updates of the different protections.
All AdminSecure updates are carried out through the Repository Servers.
During the installation process, the repositories are configured to update automatically. You can also access these settings from the AdminSecure console.
How to access the repository management
- Access the computer where AdminSecure console is installed.
- Open the console. In order to do this, click Start -> Programs -> Panda AdminSecure -> Launch AdminSecure console.
- Next, the administration console will open.
- Access the Tools menu and select Updates and repositories. You will see various tabs:
- Updates tab:
- Update from the Internet. If the update is carried out from the Internet, you will have to configure this access to ensure that the update will be carried out correctly. This update must be performed by the Primary Repositories. If necessary, you can update the repository by clicking Download now.
- Update computers. Through these settings you can indicate if you want to automatically update the Virus Signature File and the antivirus engine in the rest of the network computers from the assigned repository. In each case you can select the computers to which you want to deploy the update.
- Maintenance tab:
From here you can establish the number of the different versions of each module that can be kept in that repository and the number of Virus Signature Files you want to keep.
If you don’t check the box to automatically delete old versions, the information corresponding to all versions and packages will be kept. Bear in mind this may require a large amount of disk space.
- Packages tab:
This lets you consult the repository content, that is, all the installation packages and updates stored. If any of them are no longer needed, you can select it and click Delete.
It also allows the creation of individual installers for each of the protections.
- Virus Signature File tab:
This option lets you view the list of all the virus signature files available in the repository.
Bear in mind that the updates through the Internet only include the update of the Virus Signature File.
In order to carry out updates of the application scan engine in the repository, you will need to use an update CD-ROM.