The purpose of this monitor is to alert the administrator (in Windows only) if a service has started or stopped and/or if it has reached a certain level of CPU and/or memory usage for a specified period and when to start monitoring after a boot.
In the Trigger Details, the administrator can:
- Specify the name of the service to monitor.
- Enter the particular state of the service to monitor for and if applicable, the CPU or memory level.
- Specify the amount of time the system should wait to monitor this service after a reboot, to stop getting any false alerts.
- Tick should he wishes the agent to take remedial action, that is to say to restart a stopped service or vice versa.
In the Alert Details, the administrator has he option to select the severity for this event.
Once this page is configured, the administrator can select Next and in the Response Details paragraph, choose to run a component in response to the alert being raised, and/or specify the email.
After pressing Next again, the administrator has the option to:
- Have this alert create a support ticket.
- Assign which user gets assigned the support ticket.
- Indicate if users should have an email alert to notify them.